If you’re looking for a delicious homemade French bread rolls recipe, you’ve come to the right place! These easy rolls are the perfect accompaniment to your soups, salads, or sandwiches.
Whether you’re a novice baker or an old hand in the kitchen, you’ll be able to make these delicious French bread rolls in no time. So let’s get baking, shall we?
For these easy French bread rolls, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1-1/2 cups warm water
– 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
The following equipment is necessary for making easy French rolls:
– One large bowl
– One medium bowl
– One strainer
– One wooden spoon
– One measuring cup
– One baking sheet
– Parchment paper
The first step is to mix the warm water, yeast, and honey in the large bowl. Stir the mixture until the yeast and honey dissolve. Then, add the olive oil and stir until combined.
In the medium bowl, mix the flour and salt together. Slowly add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough becomes firm and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the dough is elastic and no longer sticky.
Preparing the Dough
Once the dough is kneaded, shape it into a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest in a warm place for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
Proofing the Dough
Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Let the dough balls rest for 20 minutes.
Shaping the Dough into Rolls
After the dough balls have rested, shape them into rolls by rolling each piece into a long log about 8 inches long. Place the shaped rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rest for 30 minutes.
Baking the Rolls
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving and Enjoying the Rolls
Once the rolls have finished baking, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Serve the rolls alone or with your favorite accompaniments. They can also be used to make sandwiches or as a side dish to your soups and salads. Enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
– For a delicious twist on these French rolls, try brushing them with a mixture of 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs.
– If you are short on time, you can also use pre-made pizza dough to create these rolls.
– If you’re not a fan of all-purpose flour, you can substitute whole wheat flour, rye flour, or even almond flour.
– These rolls are best enjoyed the same day they are made. However, if you do have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.