So, you’re in the mood for some French bread, huh? Ooh la la, fancy pants! But hold up, before you go all Parisian on us, let’s talk about what to serve with that bougie baguette.
You don’t want your bread to feel lonely, do you?
Let’s start with the classics, shall we? These are the tried and true combos that never disappoint.
- Think cheese and charcuterie for a fancy picnic vibe.
- Soups, stews, and chili for a cozy night in.
- Scrambled eggs or omelets for a decadent breakfast.
- Sandwiches with meats, cheeses, or veggies for a quick lunch.
- Salads with fresh greens or roasted vegetables for a healthy-ish option.
- Grilled or roasted meat and seafood for a fancy dinner.
- Pasta with tomato or cream-based sauce for a carb fest.
- Dips and spreads like hummus or baba ghanoush for a Mediterranean twist.
And of course, wine, beer, or cider to wash it all down. So many options, so little time!
If you’re feeling a little rebellious, why not try some American fusion?
- French bread pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings for a quick and easy dinner.
- French dip sandwich with roast beef and au jus sauce for a messy but delicious lunch.
- French toast with eggs, milk, and cinnamon sugar for a decadent breakfast.
- Garlic bread with butter, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning for a carb overload.
- Avocado toast with smashed avocado, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes for a trendy brunch option.
- Bruschetta with diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil for a fresh and zesty snack.
- Grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar or Swiss cheese for some childhood nostalgia.
- Veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, and avocado mayo for a meatless meal.
- Barbecue pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw for a taste of the South.
Who says French bread can’t be Americanized?
For a more sophisticated vibe, try a Mediterranean medley.
- Greek salad with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and tzatziki sauce for a refreshing lunch.
- Hummus platter with pita bread, carrots, cucumbers, and red pepper for a healthy snack.
- Falafel pita sandwich with tahini sauce, lettuce, tomato, and pickles for a vegetarian twist.
- Spanakopita with spinach and feta cheese in phyllo dough for a savory appetizer.
- Baba ghanoush with roasted eggplant, garlic, and lemon juice for a creamy dip.
- Tabouli salad with parsley, tomatoes, onion, and quinoa for a fresh and crunchy side dish.
- Moussaka with layers of eggplant, ground lamb, and béchamel sauce for a hearty dinner.
- Chicken shawarma wrap with marinated chicken, yogurt sauce, and pickled onions for a street food vibe.
- And for dessert, baklava with layers of phyllo dough, honey, and chopped nuts. Opa!
Feeling adventurous? Go for some Asian inspiration with your French bread.
- Banh mi sandwich with grilled pork, pickled vegetables, and cilantro for a spicy kick.
- Pho noodle soup with beef or chicken broth, rice noodles, and herbs for a warming meal.
- Soba noodle salad with sesame dressing, tofu, and vegetables for a light lunch.
- Spring rolls with rice paper, shrimp, or tofu, and peanut sauce for a crunchy appetizer.
- Ramen noodle bowl with miso broth, egg, and pork belly for a trendy dinner.
- Teriyaki chicken skewers with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic for a sweet and savory snack.
- Curry chicken with coconut milk, spices, and rice for a spicy entree.
- Stir-fry vegetables with soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for a healthy side dish.
- And of course, sushi rolls with rice, seaweed, and raw fish or vegetables for a classic Japanese meal.
Sayonara, boring old bread!
Finally, let’s not forget about dessert. This is where French bread really shines.
- Croissant bread pudding with custard and raisins for a decadent treat.
- Strawberry shortcake with whipped cream and fresh berries for a fresh and fruity dessert.
- Apple tart with cinnamon, sugar, and pastry crust for a classic fall favorite.
- Chocolate fondue with fruit, marshmallows, and pound cake for a fun and indulgent dessert.
- Bread pudding with blueberries, lemon, and cream cheese glaze for a twist on the classic.
- Fruit salad with mint, honey-lime dressing, and French bread croutons for a healthy-ish dessert.
- Lemon bars with powdered sugar and shortbread crust for a zesty and sweet treat.
- Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting for a classic comfort food.
- And of course, berry trifle with layers of cake, pudding, and whipped cream for a show-stopping dessert.
Bon appétit, my friend!
In conclusion, French bread is versatile and delicious, and there are so many options for what to serve with it. From classic pairings to American fusion, Mediterranean medley, Asian inspiration, and sweet treats, there’s something for everyone.
So next time you’re feeling fancy, reach for that baguette and let your taste buds do the talking. Just don’t forget the wine!